All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
2.1: John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2: All Employees of John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3: Privacy notice
3.1: Who are we?
John G. Corse Funeral Directors Limited SC294099 of Funeral Home, Old Scapa Road, Kirkwall, Orkney KW15 1BB Funeral Directors and Memorial Masons.
The personal data we would like to process on you is:
|Personal data type:||Source|
|Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email Addresses, Relationship to Deceased, Sex, Title||Data subject|
|Bank details, Card Numbers Date of birth, Religious beliefs||Data subject (Only for Funeral Plans)|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- For the fulfilment of your funeral service
- For the fulfillment of stone mason requests
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Fulfilment of a contract
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Collection of monies owed
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
- Religious Beliefs
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us to update your preferences.
John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- A local crematorium for the purpose of organising cremation of the deceased
- A local cemetery for the purpose of organising burial of the deceased
- A nominated celebrant for the purpose of arranging details of the funeral service
- A local musician for the purpose of liaising with you for your musical choices for the funeral service
- Funeral plan provider for the purposes of payment
- Charities treasurers for the purposes of acknowledging funds paid
- Caterers for the purposes of providing catering at funeral teas
- Florists where requested by next of kin
- Where we are legally obliged to provide data
- For the purposes of crime prevention
3.4: Retention period
John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited will process personal data for for as long as is necessary to allow us to fulfil your funeral services or memorial contracts and will store the personal data as set out in our data retention policy available on request.
3.5: Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.3 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited (or third parties as described in 3.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited contact details|
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner’s Office||John G. Corse|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House||Funeral Home|
|Address line 2:||Water Lane||Old Scapa Road|
|Address line 3:||Wilmslow||Kirkwall|
|Address line 4:||Cheshire||Orkney|
|Address line 5:||SK9 5AF||KW15 1BB|
|Telephone:||0303 123 1113||01856 876285|
3.7: Privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data on our website https://johncorsefunerals.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited, will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, cookies, complaints etc.
Why does John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a funeral service and memorial requests we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited would contact you for separate consent.
Will Organisation Name share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of John G Corse Funeral Directors Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.